Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Are You Willing To Pay?

“Hate on me, hater, Now or later, 'Cuz I'm gonna do me, You'll be mad, baby(Go 'head and hate) Go 'head and hate on me, hate on 'Cuz I'm not afraid of it What I got I paid for You can hate on me.”

These words are from the chorus of Jill Scott’s song, ‘Hate On Me’. From the first time I heard them they left an impression and ignited a new fire under a somewhat controlled flame in my spirit.

The journey that has brought me to today has not been one littered with sunshine and rose petals. Stony was the path I followed. Along the way I endured much heartache in terms of the loss of friends, being misunderstood by family and just outright haters.

Those so-called friends, family members and others almost did me in with their nice/nasty ways. Initially the pain was much more than I wanted to endure. Note that I said “more than I wanted to endure.” Choosing to forge ahead with or without those once inside my inner circle caused me to depend on God more than I ever had. I wanted to take the easy road, but that was not to be. The closer I drew to Him the more I realized this journey would not be sustained by my might or power, but by His Spirit. Entering into that special place of His presence allowed me to glimpse a small portion of what was ahead. Relying upon His Word, I had choices to make. Not all were to my liking.

Choices are not without attachments. They come with responsibility of our selection and with consequence. Either can be positive or negative.

Can the option of choice be hard? Yes. Can it be easy? Yes. Can it be ignored? Absolutely. Regardless the option, choosing is a part of the growth process. You can choose to embrace change (your growth) in order to seek, apprehend and walk in purpose. Or, you can choose to remain complacent, comfortable where you are, embracing what is familiar. Doing so may seem the best choice, but know this, that which does not grow does not reach its full potential.

Choices, growth, fulfilling purpose come with a price. My question(s) today is:
Do you know what your purpose is?
Do you know but are holding back?
Are you willing to do what it takes discover Purpose?
Will you walk the path despite obstacles known?

I leave you with words that to some may seem an odd choice. Just listen: Jill Scott

Looking forward to hearing from you – Linda!

‘There is no such thing as an acceptable loss in God’s Kingdom!

9 comments:

Wanza Leftwich, The Gospel Writer said...

Hey Linda! Glad to see your new blog! And yes, I do know my purpose! I better keep with it!

Kim Brooks, author He's Saved, But is He For Real? said...

Hi Linda, Great Blog! You're right; knowing your purpose is important...God designed each and every one of us with a plan in mind and a divine assignment...thank God that you're continuing to move forward in yours, despite any "haters" ;) Much love!

Valerie said...

Wonderful blog Linda!
Knowing our purpose goes a long way in being who God created us to be.Your words have incited me to move forward in my purpose.

God bless you Sis!

differentflags said...

Linda, I am glad you have a blog. It is very good. I have one too. Please feel free to go to www.beccar.wordpress.com. Eugenia

Unknown said...

Thank you for inviting me to your blog, Linda!

As of today I do believe that I am living on purpose. For me, I had to figure out that what is for me, isn't for everybody else. Once I stopped trying to bring them into my world and make them like it, I got IT.

I'm here for a reason and everyday I'm working it out!

Wanda D. Hudson
Wait for Love: A Black Girl's Story
LuvMe
http://www.wandadhudson.com

Kimberly Perdue-Sims said...

Hi Linda!
Thank you for sharing this fantastic message with me today! Knowing your purpose is a wonderful experience. When the Lord's Hand is placed on you nothing can hold you back. You're right we do have the option of making choices to move ahead or to stay in one spot. But since I serve a Living God I choose to grow!

This is a motto I wrote for myself several months ago;
"I have no choice but to exceed my own expectations."

Continued Blessings!

sabrina said...

Linda, this was a confirmation to what I was talking to God about this morning and I get on the computer and there was your message and words of encouragement and confirmation. I know my purpose and the road to walking in it at times seems like a serene country road and other times it seems every step is filled with pain. I truly believe we are being tried and proven all the day long. I was blessed to just read or I should say listened to A Wrinkle In Time and though this was a childrens book, I am recomending it to all my friends. It truly blessed my soul. The wonderful thing we call sight can sometimes be our wort down fall. For as children of God we walk by faith and not by sight. Sight can be such a limiting sense, but if the spirit leads us we just need to allow His word to be the lamp unto our feet and the light unto our path.

Taylor'hyll said...

Hey Linda,
wow girl you can just "flat out" write.........keep it coming

Shelia said...

"Choices are not without attachments. They come with responsibility of our selection and with consequence. Either can be positive or negative."

I just told someone that a few minutes ago. All actions have either a positive or negative consequence.